Saturday, November 15, 2014

Animoto Experiment

Using Animoto was a very easy tool that constructs visual presentations for students to use. For my presentation Where I Come From, I used this as an example of an activity for young students to describe where they are from and what they like to do in their home country.

Such an activity would satisfy NYS ESL Standard 5 Language for Cross-Cultural Knowledge and Understanding where students would be able explore where they came from and also learn about where their classmates are from. The presentation would have to be written in English where students  can practice common phrases such as "I am from" and "I like to ____". Then students would be assessed on correct grammar and use of visuals to properly correspond with their phrases.

In addition, students would have an opportunity to share what they liked about their classmates' presentations and something they learned about a new country.

1 comment: